Overtime in the company must be compensated with free time or at least fairly remunerated. This can be regulated, for example, by working time accounts with time off compensation. These create room for manoeuvre in emergency situations and other personal needs.
Other options include offering employees paid time off and supporting exercise and sport. Larger companies often have their own fitness rooms. As a smaller company, you can offer co-payments or negotiate discounts for prevention courses, such as back therapy training.
It can also happen that an employee asks you for permission for a part-time job. Often this point is already regulated in the employment contract. If it concerns financial aspects and you cannot actively support your employees, approval should not be denied. It should be recorded in writing that your consent can be revoked at any time in the event of a drop in work performance.
Fair salary increases combined with flexibility at the workplace will bind employees to your company. A voluntary bonus for good performance can also be a motivation for the employee.
Questions and answers
Where can I find offers for workplace health promotion for my employees?
- Health insurance companies will be happy to advise you on how you can promote the health of your employees. You will provide information material and be the contact person for the implementation of corporate prevention on various health issues.
- Employer's liability insurance associations and accident insurers give you industry-specific advice and information on the concrete implementation of occupational safety and health protection measures.
- The pension insurance institution will tell you more about company integration management and other health issues.
- Occupational physicians can support you in promoting occupational health. They carry out individual measures such as flu vaccinations or eye checks.
- Sports clubs and associations offer a wide range of sports activities.
- Your tax consultant will check the tax deductibility of health-promoting measures for you.
Brochure from the Federal Ministry of Health on workplace health promotion in small and medium-sized enterprises.
Federal Ministry of Health - www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de
Compatibility of family and career
Brochure on the compatibility of family and career in the sense of good work and good life.
Good work and life - www.gute-arbeit-leben.de
Checklist health at the workplace
Brochure of the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce on occupational health with helpful checklists
Chamber of Commerce Hamburg - www.gwhh.de
Employees sick - what to do?
Important information for small and medium - sized companies
IQPR Institute of quality assurance in prevention and rehabilitation - www.myhandicap.de
The Federal Ministry of Health provides essential information on workplace health promotion as prevention measures.
Basically, health in the workplace is a matter for the boss. This is true for yourself as the boss, but especially for your employees. Here you can find out how this works.
Here you will find an overview of the employer's welfare obligations.
This website tells you a lot about how you can promote the health of your employees.
Agentur für Arbeit Flöha
Bundesministerium für Gesundheit
SMWA - Sächsisches Ministerium für Wirtschaft, Arbeit und Verkehr
Agentur für Arbeit Dresden
Stadt Dresden, Abt. Gesundheitsförderung/ Prävention
Bundesvereinigung Prävention und Gesundheitsförderung e. V.
Sächsische Landesvereinigung für Gesundheitsförderung e.V. (SLfG)
AOK Plus Pflegeberatung
Reicker Str. 113
Budapester Str. 3 - 5
IKK classic Dresden
KKH - Kaufmännische Krankenkasse
TK - Techniker Krankenkasse