hands love couple together fingers people family human - 1094128, CC0
Couples in crisis, sometimes need help from external people. To give love another chance, go to couples therapy can help.
The aim of couples therapy is to find new perspectives for a loving and good coexistence or to perform an upcoming separation in an appropriate and fair way.
Questions and answers
What are the relationship models?
One of the best-known relationship models is classic partnership. No matter whether man and woman or same-sex. Life is shared with exactly one person and wants to do so until the end of his life. But there is also the open relationship. In this relationship model the love of two people is still in the foreground. The main difference here is that the partners are convinced that a sexual partner can not fulfill all wishes. Therefore adventures with others are allowed. Another relationship model is the polyamore relationship. Here more than two people live in a relationship with each other and also start families. The children then have more than two parents. The affair is also regarded as a relationship model. Here the desire is in the foreground and feelings do not play any role. This relationship model is chosen by people who do not want to constantly change their sexual partner, but are only interested in physicality. And then there are friends with certain advantages, called "Friends with Benefits". These relationships are mainly about non-binding. But it is not only about physical things. In this relationship you also do something together, you cuddle up with each other and go out together - without finally trying to decide for each other. But these are only a few relationship models, there are as many different ones as there are people in this world.
What topics are couples therapy and marriage counseling help?
- You can't talk to each other anymore, or you can just argue with each other.
- Misunderstandings constantly arise. Listening is no longer possible.
- Unresolved conflicts from the common relationship history mix into the present being together.
- A partner has (or both have) fallen in love with a third person.
- The physical intimacy has become routine or no longer takes place and you want to get closer again.
- There have been dishonesties in the relationship and you want to rebuild trust.
- You want to strengthen your relationship and build and establish a relationship culture.
- Your relationship feels like father/daughter or mother/son. You want to be able to meet at eye level again.
- You are unintentionally childless and want to clarify the resulting conflicts and find a new vision for your partnership.
- You think about separation, but are not sure whether this is the right step for you.